15.1.05

God & Hats

It doesn't really seem as though God would have anything to do with me buying a hat today. (Two hats actually. One a grey-green with these lovely flowers...but I digress.)

It was a nothing-degree day outside but the sun was brilliant. Not being the recipients of much sunshine here in Kalamazoo, that alone is note-worthy. Some women may have considered it just a fun thing to do - meeting friends, buying lovely hats, having coffee together on a Saturday morning. But I knew it was something exquisite and precious.

Sharing life with friends. Laughing at ridiculous looking chapeaus perched on our heads. Scones and coffee. God has so blessed me. I used to stay too hidden away from everyone, alone all weekend, working too much, isolating myself. And so now each time I live in relationship with others I am filled with such joy and a profound sense of what a gift it all is.

People I love. People who love me. How could I not see God in that?

No comments: