2.7.06

Dinner, anyone?



During today's gathering the talk was about temptations, and I was supposed to create a table of tempting things. I had one of those waterfall-thought moments, when it seemed God just poured this display into my head to symbolize the appetite and hunger we often have for various things.

I had to roll fake joints for my dinner plate at church Saturday night when I was working on this. That felt a tad bit strange to do in church. I roll a really good joint, by the way. Just one more small example of how God can use anything for good. :) Never in my wildest dreams would I have imagined him using my expert joint rolling skills to help draw people into worship at a church...

6 comments:

Darla said...

anne... i love you... you make me smile... i read this to michael and we just both giggled... you are an amazing woman, and i'm glad that you could use your sweet doobie rolling skills for the Lord!! :) you're the best.

Lydia said...

I would have never guessed that you, of all people, know how to roll a joint. :O :D

Anne said...

Ummm. Well. Lydia, I just LEARNED how to roll them for church! Ah, yeah, that's the ticket....

Tammy said...

:D

Anonymous said...

lol

Anne, again we have something in common. I was such a terrific joint roller!

Anyways, it's been years since I stopped, thanks to God.

The table looks great ; ) Sure is full of temptations.

Don't I Know You? said...

hmm. you forgot to include a picture of some bespectacled, bleary-eyed person blog rolling instead of doing homework (or dishes. or laundry. or walking the dog. or you-name-it) 8-)