17.8.05

Gentle Rain

God woke me up at 5am on a Wednesday morning, and I felt nudged to pray for my pastor who is handling the accidental cancellation of his medical insurance, maintenance chemo treatments, a week in a campground with his family between moving to a new house, and various and sundry pastoral responsibilities.

Dear Father,
In the crazy, busy, stressful
Torrents of churning life,
In the storming downpours,
May you be a gentle rain,
A calming brook,
A deep and quiet river within us.
May your voice be a summer’s breeze,
A gentle lapping of waves
on the shores of our soul.
May you fill our hearts with peace
Like the whisper of wind
Caressing the meadow grass,
Like the cricket’s song welcoming twilight.
Amen.

2 comments:

gerbmom said...

I'm gonna print this out and keep it with me - what a wonderful prayer. And what a beautiful picture I see, what a calmness it imparts. Thanks for sharing it Anne!

Anne said...

Thank you my sweet friend. :)