9.9.05

The long and winding road

I dreamt last night of a curved, country road in Autumn. In my sleep the phrase "empty road" kept echoing in my mind, and for some reason I thought it was important that I remember that this wasn't a path of peaceful solitude, but one bereft of that...

It dawns on me as I write this, that the image I saw was an avatar of a young woman from the Ooze who has been struggling with depression. Perhaps I was being reminded to give more love and friendship to one whose road is empty.

7 comments:

Lydia said...

did you know that the road you've described is exactly the way i imagine heaven to be like?

kingsjoy said...

Hey, just wanted to let you know I'm lurking there, not posting, but praying. Your words bring some peace to her.

kingsjoy said...

And thanks for visiting my blog!

:^D

A. Monk said...

I heard the beautifully melancholic voice of Paul McCartney when I saw the title of this post, "the long and winding road, that leads to your door."

Knock, knock, may I enter? If not I can just talk through the keyhole. Is the winding road sad because it's bereft of fellow-travelers?

Anne said...

Lydia, I like your view of heaven. I think I'll adopt that as my own.

Anne said...

Aaroneous, I thought of McCartney's song too when I wrote that. Each of walks alone at times, don't we? Perhaps it's our best chance to fall into God's arms. Or at least for me.

Concrete Contractors Brownsville said...

Thannk you for sharing