31.10.05

The Things I Do....

....to make my children laugh. While my big kids were still power-less in Florida, I went to a Halloween party as Hurricane Wilma in their honor. Today Kelly called in tears - alone in a 10 story condo building with her husband and brother at work, no power, everything starting to smell of mildew, and the elevator only running an hour today. I called my cousin Deborah - she has an apartment on the beach in Boca, (and one overlooking Central Park and three other houses). What a blessing - Kelly is now waiting for her husband and brother in a beach apartment with electricity! But I digress....my lovely Halloween costume. No shame in looking ridiculous for my children!

7 comments:

kingsjoy said...

Looks great, Anne! What an imagination :)

Kevin J Bowman said...

I love the digs, and kudos on the much improved housing while your daughter waits for power to be restored at home.

P.S. - I would love to link and be linked to :-)

Darla said...

Anne, you are too much! :) thanks for posting the picture. i'm glad to hear your daughter is in a better place. please let us know if there's anything we can do.

gerbmom said...

The other day in choir practice we were talking about the hurricanes, and God's presence in times of trouble. We are doing an arrangement of Great is Thy Faithfulness, and in one line it refers to the "sun, moon, and stars in their chorus above". Our choir director stopped and pointed out that no matter what happens, God is faithful, and those very stars are a reminder of that in times like these, because hurricanes cannot turn off the stars. I know I didn't say that very well - but in that moment I thought of what Kelly said about the stars.....
Still praying for her(them.)

gerbmom said...

*Hijack coming....*

Hey Kevin - I live probably about 20 minutes from you! I am on the border of Winfield/West Chicago. My daughters best friend lives in Roselle. Small world huh? It's always great to meet another like minded person in the area.
Blessings!
Karen

*end hijack*

Anne said...

Karen! I've never had a hijacking occur on my blog before. How funny of you. :)

Anne said...

P.S. Karen - thanks for your prayers. Yesterday was a bad day when Kelly was alone in that 10-story building with no power and an attack of IBS. What a blessing that Deborah gave her a place to stay just 10 miles from where they live. Next week their new condo opens up and they'll have a beautiful new home to move to.