2.11.05

The World Breaks Many of Us

Two weeks ago in our worship gathering we viewed the movie of postcard secrets that people are sending in anonymously for a project. They're heartbreaking, gut-wrenching, and so naked in their vulnerability. I interspersed the Flash movie I did with quotes from a Psalm - how else could we get through such pain without the One who is Love?

I also created a prayer table with more postcards, river rocks, candles and faux barbed wire. I feel so honored to be allowed to do this creative work with the goal that it will help draw people closer to God.



More photos:
Photo One | Photo Two | Photo Three

6 comments:

Kevin J Bowman said...

The begining of August I was the speaker at a youth rally and I used a bunch of the postsecret cards myself. I may be doing that same talk again. I would LOVE IT... if you would publish your Flash animation

Darla said...

on the table were there blank postcards that maybe people could fill out about themselves?? the pictures are beautiful... i can see how powerful and moving this was for the body at Threads. thank you for using your gift! :)

mdwinn said...

Hey there Anne, reading your post I was draw immediately to the vulnerability word. Over and over that subject keep coming up. I think meditating on that subject helps to bring about something that might be hindered otherwise. May you continue to know the One who is healing the brokenhearted and setting the captives free.

Anne said...

Michael, now you'll have me pondering about vulnerability. Just recently I realized how often I put up a wall to protect myself from possible hurt - but it also closes me off from letting Christ's love flow out from me. Maybe it's really through those deep broken fissures in me that allows Christ's light to shine through.

gerbmom said...

These days I think I could fill out a book of postcards.......

Anne said...

Larry, I'd be glad to send you the Flash file to download, if you'd like! I'm so glad you liked it. It was so poignant...