23.12.05

Matthew 6:6

Bless Gaston, who sent me a link to a video by Father Thomas Keating. I had a powerful sense that this was the part of Matthew I was supposed to read.

"But thou, when thou prayest, enter into thy closet", a metaphor for entering the inner room of self. "pray to thy Father which is in secret" - in stillness we find him within. This reminds me of Brian's (foxtrot_delta) "heart feelings".

He resides within and we participate in divinity - may I keep dying to self, stilling the chatter, and let him rise within my heart.

1 comment:

gerbmom said...

Interesting Anne. Gaston and I talked about that very thing last week....
And yes, (jumping to your comment on my blog...) I adore teenagers. Sometimes I wonder if they tire of me! But my kids friends make me laugh, help me view the world differently and keep me young. That applies to 13 - college age. I love the enthusiasm for life and all the great theories and thoughts the college kids have. Great conversation and it gives me oh so many new ideas to ponder. Gee Anne, will we ever grow up?
Hugs to you and Merry, merry Christmas. I hope you have a wonderful time with family and friends, and enjoy that Christams Eve service!
xoxo