24.8.14

The eyes have it

I struggle about writing about personal things. I love when people allow themselves to be vulnerable to others, but I don't know if I should do it myself. When I can't be objective or calm, when I'm feeling emotional, like the depression I've struggled with after finding out I now have wet macular degeneration in both eyes - well, I don't know about letting all that out.

And then I think, oh yes, yes, I should. Stoicism is overrated. Silence can be a breeding ground for depression. So yes, posting here again after years, knowing most likely no one will see it anyway. So it's good practice. I'm 60 years old now and have wet macular degeneration in both eyes. Thank God, though, that there's treatment, which wasn't available at all not many years ago.

Grateful for dreaded and hated shots in the eye.

No comments: