4.7.15

Top Seecrit Post

Alice and Carman stopped over last night to return a laundry basket of mine. I hugged that teddy bear of a son and his tiny wisp of a wife, and while we were still standing together asked if I could get them something to drink. "Would you like a beer?" I asked Alice, but she demurred. Still, Carman stood there clutching a coffee mug in his hands, so I asked if he'd like a beverage in there.

"You know how you like coffee mugs?" he started, and I said yes, especially big ones because of my hand tremor. "Alice and I thought we would get you this," he said as he handed it to me. Pretty mug, I thought, with teal coated on the inside, and I turned it around.

And
then
I
saw

"Grandma" written in script with a little flower.

And I didn't have to ask what that meant, because I knew. So I just stood there, and tears sprang to my eyes and I just sobbed, "Oh my God, oh my God."

There were hugs, of course, but really, Oh my God. Thank you, God. A miracle is going on in our midst. This tiny seed is growing and it's too soon to tell anyone, but they had to tell their moms.

And I can leave this out here on the Internet because it's huge place and I doubt anyone will run across it. But I want to remember, and savor such a sacred moment in my life.


No comments: