15.2.06

Good gig, God



Hey. There was a little craziness going on in my life for a few days - lots of murky and swirling emotions, nice things that turned not so nice - you know. Stuff. In the midst of the stirred-up pond bottom things, I was working on a new freelance gig - my first ever CD design for a local band. A lot, lot, lot of detail goes into such a small product. But through it all, I was loving the work, and loved having a job that was related to the music biz. Another nice little "small world isn't it?" thing is that this CD will be sent to our local NPR station with my Goodrich Design moniker attached to it, and the recipient will be one of the cohosts of the "Grassroots" program - a woman who was married to my twin and is still one of my best friends. This was a great gig, God. Thanks.

4 comments:

Darla said...

i love the cd design anne... very folksy looking.... what kind of band is it? do you do a lot of work for bands? seems like you really enjoyed it... i pray that God will send more work like this your way! :)

Anne said...

Hey thanks, Darla! It is a bluesy folk band, and they supplied the barn and building photos and wanted those worked into the design. I haven't done CD cover designs before, and I really liked it. Though I just got done designing a logo for a piano teacher who's named her business The Music Garden. Very fun as well! Thanks for the prayers - sometimes I get more technical or business-oriented work, and I love doing more creative/artistic things.

CMD said...

nice work, anne...i really like the barn and the simplicity of the cover...it speaks to me as a hoosier...miss talking to you on the ooze, too.

Anne said...

Hey Chris! I miss you being on the Ooze too! The barns were photos that the musicians took - they had a mock-up I worked off of, and the barns were important to them to include. I can see how they would make you nostalgic...there's no place like home.