10.2.06

Saving the best for last

Tim Hill (thillwl from the ooze) just called. I've been quite remiss in sending him the Sanctuary web files. However, except for assigning me penance, (three Our Fathers and half a dozen Hail Marys now on my to-do list), he was quite gracious about my procrastination.

He started telling me about Sanctuary - they have rented space now, and had their first walk-in visitors last week - whoo hooo! Then we got into a discussion about his teaching as pastor and my work in experiential worship. I told him that I think I could talk about that for hours, and Tim said, I know, it's a passion of yours. It was nice to be reminded of that, because lately I haven't talked or thought as much about my work on our creative team. I've thought about the tasks I need to do - two walls to cover in quotes for our upcoming series, and graphics and a sign to create still. Today I started to get excited as some of the design work started to take shape, but I haven't thought lately about how much I love the whole of experiential worship planning. It was good to be reminded of that. Good to remember that I have the blessing of being involved in something creative that is solely for God.

Tim also told me that several staff from his church plant want to come to Threads sometime soon. When he found out that we're getting our first Kids Community developer, a woman who previously headed children's spiritual development at Westwinds Church in Jackson, he was even more excited about coming here. Unfortunately I don't have much space for overnight guests, but I'm sure people in my small group will pitch in.

And so now that I've used this blog to talk out loud into cyberspace while I'm alone here, I should get the CD artwork done for a musician client, and go back to doing some work for Threads. I'm saving the best for last. :)

No comments: