9.1.06

Desperate Sex Lives

I'm checking sporadically to see if Lee has uploaded a synopsis of our upcoming series, Desperate Sex Lives. My pastor guy is good with the titles...
Before our creative collaborative team meets this Sunday night to help plan music and experiential worship elements I like to read his brief outline, the accompanying scripture. I like to soak in it a bit, reflect and pray. Our group is a good combo - some shoot from the hip - wild, wacky, crazy ideas that are wonderful. I usually end up coming in like some Emergent nun with the quiet thoughts. (Not that I can't be wacky - I did compose new lyrics to the Addams family song we sang one Halloween and Photoshop-morphed Lee and Kristi into Gomez and Morticia.)

Anyway, so far there is just a list of titles for the weekly spiritual talks:
The Power of Love
One: The Loneliest Number
Temptation: Start Me Up
Dating: I Want To Hold Your Hand
Marriage: Light My Fire
Dirty Laundry: Finding Forgiveness

I hope I have the time to be reflective with scripture verses and Lee's metaphors and descriptions because I'll be the only single one in the group. The only twice divorced one on the team. I don't know what it's like to be married to your best friend. I've been a single mother longer in adulthood then I've been married. What can God use me for in this? It'll be interesting to see. He often surprises me.

5 comments:

kingsjoy said...

I'm betting that you're in just the right place at just the right time. Your unique experience will likely be a key ingredient in the final outcome.

Blessings.

Anne said...

Oh Kingsjoy, how full of grace your note was. Thank you for that. I was trying to think so too, and not let myself dwell on feeling like a stranger in a strange land.

Bless you for what you said. It was a lot.

Ricky said...

What kingsjoy said.

All God's chillun got a place in the choir
Some sing low and some sing higher...

And some put a quarter in the jukebox.

Your pastor guy must be a boomer, too - couldn't help notice those are all 60's and 70's tune titles. If he were a little younger he no doubt would have included Tina Turner's What's Love Got To Do With It? Thank goodness he wasn't any younger than that - what if Donna Summer's Hot Stuff had made the playlist? Even so, I doubt that would have been the case. To Lee's credit he didn't include Yummy Yummy by Ohio Express.

Married to your best friend... there's a topic. Will there be an advanced course? Like Marriage as Calling/Sacrament/Crucible? I'd like to be in on that one...

kingsjoy said...

Donna Summer always makes my playlist. I'll tell you the story some day.

Anne said...

I will be checking on your blog for it, Kingsjoy. :)