23.6.07

Lake Faith



I went to a lake last night to watch the sun set. The weather was perfect, the sky was pure blue, and the leaves...oh, the leaves were every shade of green imaginable. The lake's right near me, but I'd never been there before. I don't get out enough, I don't see a still lake with gentle ripples from hungry fish as the sun goes down. As the sun dipped lower and lower in the sky, the water turned shades of pink, blue, aqua, and silver. The quiet wooded trail made my soul sing. I think my theology keeps getting stripped down to having my spirit filled with beauty and love and cherishing each moment I can create an awareness of how grateful I am to God for this life.

4 comments:

Shalene said...

Anne, that was just beautiful. I often go with my husband when he goes fishing at a family pond (I say pond but it's a couple acres in size.) And since I don't fish (I have a worm phobia.) I often will have my face stuck in a book or the paper, etc. But recently, I took the time to notice some of the beauty around me. The area is surrounded by eucalyptus trees, swans everywhere (they raise them) and geese flying in. It's especially beautiful at sunset. It's amazing sometimes the things we'll see when we open our eyes to God's beautiful creation!

Shalene said...

By the way the picture of me in my profile is at this same pond....

Anne said...

Shalene, how interesting that your photo was taken at that pond! Thanks so much for your "beautiful" comment. It was the lake that was beautiful, and I hadn't realized how much my soul thirsted for his creation. How nice that you go with your husband when he fishes. I totally understand the worm phobia, by the way. :)

Shosannah said...

What a beautiful picture. THe beauty in nature is such a reflection of God. Thankyou for sharing :)
Suzy.